Production: Editing















For some of the clips, I decided to add a transition to make the video more effective. To do this, I clicked on the effects bar at the bottom left hand side and clicked "video transitions."I then clicked on "dissolve" and then "cross dissolve." I then dragged the "cross dissolve" onto the editing window and placed next to the clip that I wished to put it. I chose that this effect would be useful in various clips because I felt as though it made the video flow better alongside the music, which has a soft rhythm and the fading of clips matched this well. 


To make my home-video clips more clearly recognisable, I added on overlay over the top. I found this one on google.

















I placed these over the clip I wanted it to and it resulted with an effect like this:




I then copy and pasted this over the top of each home video clip by the simple process below: 

















I decided to add a title at the beginning, therefore I went on "title" at the top of the toolbar and clicked on "new title"






















And then I clicked on "default still" and then wrote the artist name of Swim Deep and the song title "She Changes The Weather" and chose the colour and font to what I wanted. 





I wanted to create a brighter effect on my clips that weren't home videos. I went into "Video Effects" in the "Effects tab" and chose "Adjust"

I then chose the "Auto Contrast" to create a brighter effect.



After rendering the effects area on the editing section, I changed the black and white clip to how I felt gave the effect that I wanted.








Here is an example of the clip that I added with this particular effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment